Saturday, July 20, 2013

Metaphor

Reading is like dreaming, you can imagine about all kinds of things do you prefer. I made up this metaphor by myself, just because I think that dreaming and reading are two things closely related. In fact, I think that the dream, can bring your mind in the most extravagant and unexpected thoughts that you can imagine. The same can be made by books, in fact, i believe that the writer can capture and transport your mind wherever he want. Actually it also depends greatly on the kind of book that you are reading. For example, during this time I'm reading a historical book so it's a bit different. But I read also many science fiction books and I was feeling if I was in a dream. I love reading before going to sleep. This is an other fact why this metaphor is perfect for me. In fact scientist studied that the most of the time that you dream something, we dream about one of the last thing we see, read or thought. So sometimes could happen that what do you read and what you dream are closely related.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE how much you love reading! Unfortunately for me, these days the last thing I think about before I go to sleep is usually work...and then all of my dreams involve teaching or meetings. It's such a great idea to try to trick your mind by reading some kind of fantasy book before you go to sleep, so that you can have whacky & adventurous dreams...I need to try it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good post, Philippo, of course if you think a lot of what you have just read, you would dream with the stories. I am sure that you can dream with Spanish Civil War reading your book before going to sleep, and so you can learn and have fun at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your metaphor, Filo! For me it's a bit different because I don't like reading at all. But it's clear the way you love reading books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post, Filippo! And I also love reading before I go to bed, It turns mind off and make you feel relaxed!))

    ReplyDelete